Wyandotte High School | 2501 Minnesota Avenue
| Kansas City, KS 66102 | (913) 627- 7650
Site Map (Index) | Email: Caverin@kckps.org
Mission: To educate, empower, and encourage all learners, that they may create a better tomorrow for themselves and our community.
District Goals for College Readiness:
- Freshman: 100% of students will be classified 10th grade at the end of 9th grade.
- Sophomores: 100% of students will visit a college campus or have a workplace tour experience.
- Juniors: 100% of students will take the ACT.
- Seniors: 100% of students will apply and get accepted into a post-secondary institution.
PREPARING FOR SUCCESS:
- Know your teachers and leaders.
- Visit the library once a week and the College Center once a quarter.
- Develop and know your study habits and patterns.
- Become a member of one school extracurricular activity
- Take care of classroom assignments FIRST!
- Focus and concentrate on the October ACT Plan test.
- Create a scholarship vita to track your school accomplishments.
- Visit the College Center once a month.
- Meet with your counselor to review your courses for this year and plan your schedule for senior year.
- Prepare for the ACT.
- Visit the College Center three times a month.
- Identify at least three colleges you would like to apply.
- Visit the College Center once a week.
- Check on applications and financial aid deadlines for the schools you plan to apply.
- Register by Friday, September 17th, for the October 23rd ACT.
- Apply to at least three colleges by October 15th and three scholarships by November 1st.
Talk to your school counselor if you are interested in taking college courses.